Carriers World 2018
11-12 September, London
Carriers World is the annual go-to event for wholesale carriers and operators.
Massimo Fatato will host a panel discussion on Day 1 on network automation featuring SDN and NFV. Alongside this panel, Michael Dargue will lead a discussion on the impact of data driven technologies on the carrier. Read more about these panel sessions below.
PANEL: Building new networks with SDN and NFV
Day 1: 11th September, 14:00 – 14:50
– Delivering the agility and flexibility that will stimulate new business models
– New services and service provision in a virtualised network
– Interworking in an SDN world
– How will automation impact the traditional carrier business model?
Claudio Scola, Director, Head of Product Management – EMEA, CenturyLink
Marcus Hacke, Managing Director, ngena
Fran Heeran, Group Head of Cloud & Automation, Vodafone
Winston Carrera, CTO, Future Networks, BT Global Services
James Hickman, CTO, Virtual1
Moderator: Massimo Fatato, Managing Partner, Next Gen Networks, Cartesian
PANEL: How are data driven technologies reshaping the carrier?
Day 1 – 11th September, 14:00 – 14:50
– Emerging data products and services inc. BDaaS
– Challenges and opportunities emerging from data hungry products and services
– The IoT and the carrier
– Data business models
– Exploring the impact on the capacity business
Eric Gillenwater, VP & Business Head – US & Europe, Airtel
Alexander Freese, Head of Wholesale, Altice Portugal
Mark Weait, VP Europe, Tata Communications
Dave Crowley, Chief Technical Advisor, Microsoft
Moderator: Michael Dargue, Principal, Cartesian