When it comes to home entertainment, consumers have never had it so good. There are more subscription options today than ever before. In this era of abundance, Pay TV providers know that they must stand out. Content may be king, but it’s all for nothing without a UX that delights your subscribers.
Developing, launching, and operating cutting-edge video platforms
Building a compelling TV experience requires clear foresight, skill, and ingenuity. To get it right, service providers need to fully understand:
- What do customers value in a TV platform? How will we stand out?
- What technical requirements are needed to achieve this vision?
- Which suppliers and technology options should we consider?
- How do we avoid getting locked into a platform that can’t evolve with our needs?
Cartesian’s consultants and engineers work with the biggest and best-known Pay-TV operators, supporting them in system integration, app management, embedded software development, and testing, and operations management. Whether you are looking to launch over the top (OTT) video or a hybrid-broadcast service, our team has the expertise to help.
How we help
We help our clients to plan, specify, source, develop, launch, and operate cutting-edge video platforms that attract subscribers and build loyal audiences.
With 30 years of experience delivering video platforms, we have been present at every point of the transition from broadcast to hybrid to OTT – we know the mistakes that operators often make and help our clients avoid them.
Areas of support
Planning: We help clients to translate product requirements into detailed technical requirements. We also support business units to analyze customer needs, competitive positioning, and longer-term market/technology trends.
Procurement: Our team has designed and run many RFP processes. We are proudly independent and not affiliated with any specific technologies or suppliers. By working with Cartesian, our customers benefit from our expert insight – from complete platforms down to set-top boxes and CPE.
Delivery: The team brings a wealth of experience in program/project management, system integration, and software development. We work to industry-standard methodologies (Agile, PRINCE2, PMP) and as we have worked on many similar projects, we can avoid common pitfalls that cause delays and cost overruns. With specific expertise in back-end, head-end, device, and front-end development, we can ensure operational and UX needs are met.
Testing: Cartesian provides a full suite of testing services during the build, and in preparation for launch. We are independent and objective, giving customers the confidence that their software and hardware fully meets expectations.
In-Life: Once our customers’ platforms are up-and-running, we support the ongoing evolution of the service. Our analytics team helps operators identify, refine, and test UX improvements, while our engineers remain on-hand to guide customers in the sourcing and delivery of new capabilities.
Examples of our work
- Cartesian has helped to launch OTT and hybrid video platforms around the world including Salto, AltiBox, and KabelKiosk
- Our team has supported RFP processes for many providers, including OSN, MTN, Astro Malaysia and Sky NZ
- We provide ongoing technical support and customer analytics on some of the leading video platforms
- 30 years of experience delivering video platforms: present at every point of the transition from broadcast to hybrid to OTT
- Wide knowledge of the industry ecosystem and its players, offering customers a complete view of the available options
- Independent and not affiliated with any specific technologies or suppliers
- In-house analytics capabilities to provide additional insight into UX and subscriber behavior