Students and Graduates
We offer a range of graduate opportunities across strategy, management consulting, and managed solutions.
What we look for
Work at Cartesian is varied and challenging, which is part of what motivates us. We don’t expect you to be a business expert or a tech guru. What we look for is intellectual rigor and diligence in the following key areas:
- Problem Solving: Can you think analytically and break down complex problems into smaller, solvable pieces?
- Research: Can you seek out the information needed to support the pieces of the problem that you’ve just broken down?
- Communication: Can you build those pieces back up into a comprehensible picture that others can understand?
- Teamwork: Can you work closely with colleagues and clients on small teams that demand big contributions from every team member?
All our practices require a degree from a competitive university. When applying, consider how your unique education and experience arm you to consult for top executives in the communications, technology, and digital media industries.
Graduate opportunities at Cartesian
In strategy, you combine commercial, analytical and technical skills to support clients to develop strategies and address their largest challenges, including growth and transformation.
- Analysts are not required to have relevant experience but are expected to be intellectually curious, structured thinkers who embrace new challenges and enjoy working with data
- Senior Analysts will have two to three years’ experience in consulting, market research, or data science and have comfortable command of an array of quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
- Consultants should have three to five years’ experience in strategic, management, or operational consulting or relevant telecommunications/media/technology industry experience, this level is suitable for MBA graduates with relevant prior experience.
- Managers should have five to seven years of progressively increasing responsibility at a management consulting firm (or similar), with at least two years’ experience successfully leading project teams.
Making an Impact
What kind of impact would you like to make in your career? Prepared for a graduate recruitment university presentation, our Strategy team shares details of our recruiting process and selection criteria, Cartesian’s project work and consulting daily life, and how new recruits fit in and make an impact.
Want to join our team?
Cartesian’s consultants devise practical strategies, put these plans into motion, and get things done. Sound like something you want to do?