Communication Service Providers operate some of the most complex systems in the world.
Every day, their networks, billing, and operational support systems process millions of events. In this high-volume operation, the financial consequences of even a small error can rapidly mount up.
Protecting margins by controlling risk
Anyone that has worked in a CSP’s Finance or Billing team knows that risk control is essential. CSPs require a robust framework that can be relied upon to protect their revenues and margins. A framework that can grow with the business as new products, services, and technology are rolled out.
Business Assurance provides this confidence by addressing questions such as:
- Is there any hidden revenue leakage?
- What can be done to protect against future leaks?
- Are we in control of our costs? Do we have a complete picture of margins?
- What new controls do we need to assure new products and technology?
Cartesian has advised clients on Business and Revenue Assurance for over 25 years and fully understands what it takes to get this right.
How we help
Cartesian’s leadership in Business Assurance is widely recognized and we have worked with some of the largest and most complex operations around the world.
We help CSPs to identify and mitigate revenue leakages. We safeguard margins. We help CSPs to better understand their costs and to address operational inefficiencies.
For firms that are new to BA and lack formal controls, Cartesian provides advisory and capacity building services to define and implement best-practice controls and processes.
For those with mature BA systems, Cartesian’s BA Health Check provides additional peace-of-mind that existing controls are working well – or identify a gap before it’s too late. Our advisory services also help existing operations to expand assurance over new technology or business areas, for example, 5G and IoT.
Our BA Health Checks and forensic audits are supported by a proprietary toolset and award-winning analytical software. Our platform enables custom data analyses and anomaly detection and has been designed for deployment in production environments for clients looking to automate their BA controls.
Examples of our work
- Through a detailed RA audit, we identified over 45 significant gaps in a Tier 1 CSP’s existing control framework across 4 lines of business and recommended over 100 improvements
- To support a leading CSP in its MVNO launch, we defined and implemented a new control framework, and implemented automated controls using Cartesian’s assurance platform
- With our cloud-based revenue and cost assurance platform, we analyze tens of millions of records daily in real-time for a multi-country mobile provider
- Leveraging our knowledge of video distribution platforms, we are helping Pay TV providers to identify accounts showing a high risk of password theft