The communications, technology and digital media industries are fast-moving and complex.
For investors, the pace of change creates both opportunities and threats. Firms that innovate and evolve will outperform. Those that don’t will be overtaken by new entrants, technology disruption, and regulatory change.
Market assessment and due diligence
Cartesian helps investors to assess new markets, identify potential targets, and manage risk.
On the buy-side, we offer market insight, target screening, due diligence, synergy evaluation, and red flag assessments. For vendors, we help identify exit strategies, prepare vendor due diligence reports, and support the sale process. Finally, for investors with an existing portfolio, our broader consulting portfolio addresses growth strategy, asset optimization, and operational efficiency.
As a specialist consulting firm in telecoms and digital media, our insight goes way beyond top-level market trends. We have worked with service providers and operators for the last three decades. Our team has a detailed understanding of the competitive dynamics, regulatory environment, technology roadmaps, and the day-to-day operational challenges faced by these firms.
Our sweet spot is the combined commercial and technical due diligence assessment, as we find that the two perspectives are often closely interwoven. We have the skills and expertise to assess:
- Infrastructure: Fiber, Mobile Towers, Data Centers
- Service providers: Broadband, B2B, Wireless, MVNO, OTT
- Technology vendors: Networks, Communications, Video, Content Security
We bring sector expertise, rigorous analysis, and a proven methodology that provides you with a 360° view of the target.
How we help
Working with Cartesian, you’ll have access to a team of experts with international experience in commercial strategy, technology platforms, and service provider operations. In addition, our analytics team will be primed to rapidly analyze any large data sets – for example, mapping fiber networks to assess competition and build costs.
Examples of our work
- Combining our technical and commercial expertise, we undertook due diligence on a European fiber network for a leading private equity firm in a take-private transaction
- Using our in-house knowledge and insights from customer interviews, we assessed the business plan of a modular data center operator for a private equity client
- Acting as Lender Technical Advisor, we supported a public-private partnership (P3) deal to finance the construction of a fiber network in the USA
- Experts from our Content Security and Strategy practices conducted technical and commercial due diligence on a conditional access platform vendor