Michael leads strategy and regulatory engagements for service providers, network operators, equipment vendors, investors, and regulatory authorities.
He has over 30 years of experience in the telecoms sector including 12 years in industry. Specific areas of expertise include fibre broadband, fixed-mobile convergence, enterprise services, network technology, and telecoms sector regulation. Michael has advised clients on opportunity sizing, entry option analysis, proposition development, and go-to-market planning.
Examples of Michael’s client work include:
- Researching buyer attitudes and drivers in the enterprise market
- Undertaking market analysis and competitor benchmarking
- Rationalising products and pricing for an international service provider
- Preparing business cases for commercial and state-funded fibre networks
- Leading technical and commercial due diligence for rural and metro fibre networks
- Developing BU-LRIC cost models for setting charge controls on fixed and mobile networks
Prior to Cartesian, Michael led an international team at Colt Telecom with responsibility for network strategy, network planning, and product development. He received his Bachelor of Engineering degree from the University of Bristol and is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the IET.