Strategy & Analytics Senior Business Analyst
Cartesian’s Strategy & Analytics practice has a 30+ year track record helping companies and investors develop and implement market-leading strategies to solve their most important challenges.
We take a data/technology-focused approach to help our clients craft business strategies, evaluate market opportunity, improve performance, and drive revenue growth through competitive differentiation. As a boutique consulting practice, we use our subject matter expertise, data-driven methodologies, and creative problem-solving skills to rapidly drive meaningful, measurable results.
Cartesian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About This Job
Sr. Business Analysts in our Strategy practice have 2-3 years of analytical experience, think creatively and thoughtfully about challenging issues that our clients are facing, and work with 2-5-person project teams to conduct data analysis and research to help develop strategic recommendations.
Analysts should be interested in understanding and solving problems and approaching challenges with an analytical mindset. We are looking for individuals who are excited to analyze data, build predictive models, investigate complex processes, research new technologies, develop strategies, and communicate clear recommendations to clients in a fun, fast paced environment.
Across all projects:
- Conduct data analysis, build models and reports, and identify key insights that can help solve client problems
- Collaborate with project teams to synthesize findings and develop data-driven narratives and strategies
- Create thoughtful data visualizations that communicate insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Develop and present findings and strategic recommendations to senior client stakeholders, including executive-level summaries of insights
- Tell stories with data and distill complex analysis into concise and actionable recommendations that our stakeholders regularly use to make change within their organizations
On some projects:
- Contribute to the development, execution, and management of analytics-focused workstreams by building, improving, and overseeing critical data processes
- Gather and process structured and unstructured data in a wide variety of formats (Excel, text, csv, databases, json, web scrape, etc.) from diverse sources to support project-related data needs
- Build quantitative models (e.g. predictive, geospatial, financial, etc.), merge and manipulate data, conduct statistical analyses, and design and test hypotheses
- Conduct market research and synthesize findings to build a fact base and tell compelling stories
- Interest in solving problems and working with and interpreting data
- A desire to both work independently and collaborate with project teams
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with and manipulating large datasets
- Experience performing analysis, modeling, and predictive modeling using Excel, SQL, R, Python, SAS, or similar tools, and with other analytical and visualization tools/languages (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, QGIS)
- Interest in learning about, and working in, the Telecommunications industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline or related field
Interested in the Position?
Please use the form below to send us your resume as a PDF.