Connected Britain 2018: High Speed Connectivity for Britain’s Future
19-20 June, London
Connected Britain is where all the main stakeholders meet to discuss, learn and collaborate on the UK’s digital future. Michael Dargue will chair the “Connected Society” stream on Day 1 and will also moderate a panel on high-capacity broadband for underserved areas. Also on Day 1, Jaume Fornos will moderate a panel discussing dark fibre in the UK, and on Day 2, Massimo Fatato will lead a discussion on workplace transformation in digital Britain.
Also attending Connected Britain will be Steve Upton, Managing Partner – Telco Consulting Practice; Geoff Aitken, Vice President – Business Development; and, Graham Harvey, Head of Wi-Fi.
> Register at Connected Britain
> Contact Us to meet with our team
PANEL: Bringing high-capacity broadband networks to the underserved
Day 1 – Connected Society stream at 11:05
Moderator: Michael Dargue, Principal, Strategy
- Addressing the rural issue: connecting the hardest-to-reach
- Connecting urban ‘not spots’ areas
- Creating a regulatory framework that promotes investment in underserved areas
- Exploring the current state of investment
- Private and public funding strategies
- The role of alternative access technologies
Panellists: Barry Forde, CEO, B4RN; Dr Caroline Johnson, MP for Sleaford and North Hykeham; Richard Neudegg, Head of Regulation, uSwitch; Daniel Butler, Head of Public Affairs, Virgin Media
PANEL: Lighting up the UK: Accelerating the march to digital Britain with dark fibre
Day 1 – Digital Britain stream at 14:10
Moderator: Jaume Fornos, Manager, Strategy
- Exploring the state of dark fibre in the UK
- How could more effective dark fibre provision enable businesses to capitalise on digital opportunity?
- Demand and competition dynamics
- Exploring the regulatory environment
Panellists: George Wareing, Sales Director, CityFibre; Malcolm Goddard, Group Commercial Director, Gamma Communications
PANEL: Workplace Transformation: Exploring changing working experiences in a digital Britain
Day 2 – Digital Britain stream at 14:55
Moderator: Massimo Fatato, Managing Partner, Next Generation Network Practice
- Understanding the changing digital workplace and its impact on working patterns
- How does workplace transformation enrich employees working experience and personal lives?
- Increasing productivity in the mobile workplace
Panellists: Neil Barnett, Senior Digital Communications Manager, Heathrow Airport; Phil Clayson, Technology Director, TalkTalk; Kelvyn Hipperson, Deputy Director Workplace, HM Revenue & Customs