Head of Technology Consulting, Principal Consultant
Lionel is a Senior Executive with over 25 years of experience in research, development, system architecture, program management, system engineering, and integration, as well as in the management of complex projects, in the pay television and digital media industries. He is in charge of supervising our Technology Consulting Practice and manages the Paris Cartesian office.
Lionel has wide expertise in the fields of pay-TV, content security, broadcast, IPTV, OTT video services, software applications, and UI/UX. In particular, he has supervised projects for the specification, design, and integration of end-to-end broadcast, IPTV and OTT systems.
Relevant experiences include:
- Project management for the design, build, and integration of an end-to-end hybrid IPTV/OTT platform offering STB and multi-screen services (meinfernsehen.tv).
- Defining the system architecture, technical interfaces, end-to-end integration principles, and OSS/BSS interfaces for several TV platform deployments in Europe.
- Drafting of RFPs, management of RFP processes, and vendor selection for OTT and hybrid TV platforms, including the service back-ends, the content preparation head-ends, the set-top boxes, the interactive applications, and the content security systems.
- Monitoring and contributing to standardization bodies, in particular in HbbTV with active participation in the specification of Push VOD.
- Conducting technical studies for various operators.
- Conducting several security audits for operators or CAS/DRM suppliers.
- Program management and system integration for the launch of a TV On Demand platform offering VOD and Catch-up TV services.
- Participation in technical strategy projects for hybrid STB and Gateways.
- Technical management for the development of the complete software stack of an IPTV STB for a major Telco.
- Several due diligence on triple-play cable operators and on a leading middleware and conditional access provider.
- Program management and technical leadership for the launch of a hybrid PVR STB, and the Digital Switch Over of a cable operator in Germany.