For service providers, the traditional business model is under threat. Revenue streams that were once foundational are disappearing due to increased regulation and competition. Margins are also narrowing.
With a pragmatic approach to this challenge and an understanding of your business complexities, we identify and mitigate revenue leakages and safeguard your margins by addressing inefficiencies and helping you better understand the cost to serve.
Client case studies
Revenue Analytics for an International Mobile Virtual Network Operator
Our client’s situation
A leading international MVNO wanted to reduce costs and improve top line revenue. Senior management was interested in using revenue analytics to achieve their goals. Revenue analytics has been found to be a successful approach in improving customer lifetime value (CLV). When implemented correctly, it can reduce unnecessary cost. However, incorporating that data can be a challenge, which is a barrier to adoption in many organizations.
What we did
- Our team conducted a “proof of value” (POV) to demonstrate the utility and value of a revenue analytics service over an 8-week period
- We built a tailored solution using our Ascertain® platform which provided our client with a near real-time view of their business
- Over the course of the analysis, we identified key improvement areas adding up to an annualized value of more than $750,000
The POV provided business insights to support the strategic objectives of the senior management team. Impressed by the success of the platform, our client signed on to a 3-year managed service agreement. Read more about this case study.
Wireline Business Profitability Assessment for a National Telco
Our client’s situation:
A US Telco asked Cartesian to assess the profitability of their wireline business by cleaning and aligning their data.
What we did:
- Analyzed a sample of 40 customers to evaluate gross loss then extrapolated to provide the client with an estimate that hundreds of millions of dollars were being lost across access spending
- Demonstrated which types of circuits were unprofitable, identifying DS1 circuits which produced ~90% of gross loss
Our client used our analysis of pricing and identification of key unprofitability drivers to build new strategies for repricing specific circuit types and accounts.
How we do it
To make your business operate more efficiently, it is imperative that you recognize excessive spending, causes of lost revenue, and operating inefficiencies. Cartesian has the experience and capabilities needed to protect your margins and ensure that your business operates at the highest level.