Vice President, North America Sales
The successful candidate will be focused on enabling us to achieve our accelerated growth ambitions, aligned to our progressive three-year vision. Building on the incredible transformation undertaken over the past 5 years and current, organic focused, growth position of around 15% y-o-y, they will own the cross functional commercial strategy with a plan to deliver stepped acceleration of this position over the coming years.
They will work empathetically across the entire consulting business (all business units), with specific ownership of delivering the new logo/whitespace sales targets. This will require a clear and focused ‘proposition lead’ plan (sensitive to our existing client position), leveraging our existing capabilities and relationships to drive our entry into new clients, existing client whitespace and driving an executive strategy into our existing account footprint.
This high-profile role has been created to further develop our focus on enabling the business to scale at the pace the market and propositions are currently dictating. It will involve managing stakeholder demands internally and within our clients. The role will suit someone who thrives on working in a fast paced, high-performing environment. They should be obsessed with best-in-class client experience and be confident taking ownership of, and developing, a strong sales trajectory.
They will bring significant sector credibility to the table, able to articulate the challenges the industry faces and translate these into the consultancy opportunity these present. They will have a live US TMT contact network, relevant to our offering position.
They will be commercially street-wise. Understanding client buying themes, demands and constraints, with the ability to quickly and succinctly navigate client procurement organizations and construct deals/engagements that work with our clients’ ‘buying’ functions – Enabling us to achieve our partner ambitions.
The starting expectation is that 80% of the role will be focused on our Management Consulting practice and they will be required to deliver a ‘hands-on’ sales approach within these areas specifically, in conjunction with the existing teams, providing much needing selling bandwidth.
Production and ownership of the sales and growth strategy across US with a specific focus on ensuring we are pushing the new business agenda appropriately aligned to our strategic ambitions, to comprise of:
- Organic – Empathetically support the existing business unit activities, providing increased rigor, support, and challenge
- Whitespace – Driving collaboration, overseeing the proposition and collaborative frontier activities to achieve our new business ‘white-space’ objectives
- Direct accountability for the ‘new business’ target for the US business (to be disclosed upon application progression)
- Ownership of specific sales activities, likely 80% of role focus on Management Consultancy acceleration
- Work closely with proposition activities and ownership to ensure the delivery/commercial tie-in/sales strategy supports these areas and there is a clear ‘costed’ GTM plan delivered for each
- Ownership of cross functional sales themes/opportunities providing a single point of ownership
- Driving the selling/commercial imperatives across the business (i.e., drive toward higher margin and recurring revenue – Challenging the commercial status quo)
- Ownership/accountability for the executive account management activities and stakeholder management objectives – Ensuring the production of executive account plans for our key accounts
- Targeted, considered and empathetic frontline sales for some specific areas across Management Consulting, providing much needed commercial/sales bandwidth
- Ownership of the US BD community, driving fresh energy/ideas/rigor into the team – Refreshing KPIs and reporting process pragmatically
- Work with EMEA counterpart and teams – Driving and ensuring our global agenda
- Understand sector and customer business requirements with the ability to quickly determine how our consultancy propositions can be applied – Driving proposition evolution where required
- Develop a commercial ‘team’ structure which can support our scaling objectives
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior commercial or sales capacity within front-line consulting services (or similar Professional Services) – mandatory
- Extensive experience of managing a sales pipeline of consultancy/professional services projects within US Telecommunicationsplayers – mandatory
- A live ‘relevant’ contact network, with a trusted reputation for delivering, across relevant TMT customers
- A true people person, able to provide an empathetic, pragmatic direction for developing business
- A strong influencer able to be a ‘trusted advisor’ both internally and to Cartesian clients
- High attention to detail and experience of producing/tracking financial performance for a consulting business (accounts/functional areas)
- A motivated ‘energetic’ team-player able to work within a collaborative selling culture, where commitments are made and honored, learnings are shared, and objectives are achieved
- Experience in e2e commercial management; SOW creation, commercial milestone definition, PO tracking and invoice management
- A passion for the TMT sector and the challenges faced by the industry
- Willingness to travel frequently to meet with client stakeholders (> 50% travel anticipated)
Interested in the Position?
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE USE THE FORM BELOW TO SEND US YOUR RESPONSES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
For years 2021 and 2022…
- What was the total dollar value of consulting/professional services you sold each year?
- What was the nature of the services you sold (i.e., billing migration, project/program management, testing, business analysis, business process management, network transformation, etc.)?
- What was the type of business sold: project-based, staff augmentation, mixed, other?
- Who were your top 3 companies where you obtained these contracts?
- For total compensation, what was the approximate split between commission and base salary in each year (For example: 70/30, 60/40, etc.)?