Building an efficient and effective operating platform isn’t easy even for the most established firms. It takes a disciplined and diligent team to effectively audit and optimize existing building operations and to assure the delivery of major change programs. With the advent of new business requirements, system and process designs must be translated to ensure cohesion.
Cartesian understands what it takes to handle marketplace disruption and adapt to changing times. We have the expertise to help you make the pragmatic decisions required to succeed.
Client case studies
Reducing operational failures in data centre and network equipment for a telecom operator
Our client’s situation
A telecommunications operator had a significant incidence of customer complaints and churn as a result of poor service. This was due to a high level of operational failures in their data centre and network equipment. The operator identified poor installation as a major source of these issues.
It was clear that developing new standards for future installation activity and designing new operation processes were required as part of an overall operational review. Our client needed us, as independent experts, to conduct the review and work with its network team.
What we did
- We conducted sites audits to assess the quality of installations
- We found the degree of resilience and reliability varied widely across our client’s infrastructure, and as a result, there was a significant lack of knowledge of the installed systems and equipment
- We worked closed with the networks team to set up a new set of standards, delivered a training programme and proposed a new organizational structure that would improve operational efficiency
Our client implemented the standards and the planned improvements. Six months after the launch of the new installations process, there were zero installation-related faults. Read more about this case study.
Achieving Cost Savings through Network Migration and Decommissioning
Our client’s situation
In the wake of a large merger, a network operator was faced with a mishmash of spectrum, technologies, and infrastructure on a national scale. The CTO needed to deliver network cost savings, but the sheer scale of the network meant that progress had been slow.
The CTO engaged us to give expert support for its complex transformation program.
What we did
- After realizing that one of the key barriers to progress was the lack of a reliable, consistent and complete of network inventory, we engaged our experts in networks and operations in combination with our analytics technology to rapidly build a plan for transformation
- We constructed a physical and logical network map to identify redundancies and areas for rationalization; we also developed a plan to migrate customers and traffic away from legacy infrastructure
- Our plan governed all aspects of the transformation program and was designed to minimize disruption to our client’s customers and operations
The CTO’s program resulted in hundreds of millions in annual cost savings and had made possible a faster and safer migration for our client and its customers. In addition, our client now has a clean and accurate view of its network assets. Read more about this case study.
How we do it
Whether you are a nascent or an industry-leading business, from time to time you must implement difficult but necessary changes to remain competitive. As industries evolve, so must business processes, systems, and platforms. Cartesian has the focus and experience to help you make the right decisions and ensure that operations remain smooth throughout.